Our 86 year history of family leadership, long-term investment, and corporate citizenship make Graham the ideal Health System partner.
A strong foundation to invest in the people, infrastructure, and technology needed to boost productivity and profitability in the healthcare industry.
A subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC) since 2012, Graham Healthcare Group is wholly-owned by Graham Holdings Company (formerly The Washington Post Company) whose long-term strategy is to increase the intrinsic value for the companies it invests in over time.
- Operations include educational services; television broadcasting; online, print and local TV news; home health and hospice care; and manufacturing.
- Founded in 1933 by Eugene Meyer (Katharine Graham’s father) with the purchase of The Washington Post
- Katharine Graham served as SEO from 1973 to 1991
- Warren Buffett retired from the board of directors in 2011 after 37 years
- Don Graham served as CEO from 1991 to 2015 and now as Board Chair
- Continuity of Graham family leadership maintained under current CEO Timothy O’Shaughnessy